Emma is an experienced and professional vocal coach whose focus is for clients is to develop and maintain a healthy voice for performance. Warm ups and exercises are evidence based and each student is made aware of how their instrument works. Lessons are generally an hour long but can be customised for younger clients. Each session is tailor made and includes exercises for breathing, posture alignment and agility. The second half of the lesson focuses troubleshooting the clients repertoire and putting the techniques in to practice.
So whether you sing for fun or plan to embark on a career as a performer Emma can give you the techniques required to maintain a healthy voice and the skills to develop your individual performance style. Emma takes on clients from beginners through to experienced performers, aged 8 and above. If you wish to do exams Emma can enter individuals for LAMDA Musical Theatre, Trinity Musical Theatre and Rock School.
Lessons are arranged on a week by week basis and the first consultation 30 minute lesson is free.
In order for you to get the most out of your lessons here are my terms and conditions:
- You are responsible for your own vocal health and development – the more practice you put in the more you will get out of the lessons.
- Emma will aim to work with clients at their pace to ensure that any vocal issues are rectified as soon as possible in a safe and healthy way.
- Clients will be given exercises to practice in their own time to support their learning.
- On occasions there maybe times when Emma’s performance work may take precedence over private lessons. If this should occur she will inform you at the earliest opportunity and organise a time to reschedule the lesson.
- If for whatever reason you are unable to attend a lesson you must give the industry standard minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel a lesson; failing to do so will result in the full cost of the lesson being charged (except for extenuating circumstances).
- If you are ill with anything contagious, please reschedule your lesson as I do not want to catch it or pass it on to other clients.
If you would like any further information about private lessons please contact Emma.